Child Custody Attorney in Worcester, MA
Divorce is never easy, especially if you have children. When you and your spouse decide to go your separate ways, a number of questions arise, such as: Who will your children live with? Where will they live? How will you and your spouse decide on parenting issues? Who will be providing what percentage of child support? What about visitation? These are all important questions that must be addressed during child custody discussions.
In times of uncertainty, I can provide you with greater clarity and effective solutions. At my family law firm, Hebert Law Offices, you will find an experienced and dedicated Worcester, MA child custody lawyer who is ready to protect you and your children’s interests. Whether I am aggressively advocating for you during negotiation or zealously litigating your case at trial, I will be your strong, dependable legal ally throughout the entire process.
Complexities of Child Custody Matters
Child custody issues are always complicated, but there are certain cases in which custody matters become even more complex than usual. Fortunately, Hebert Law Offices has experience handling many perplexing complications.
I have personal experience in resolving custody disputes that involve:
- Relocation/removal across state or international borders
- Supervised visitations
- Modification of child custody
- Enforcement of child custody
It can be alarming when visitations must be supervised, when children are moved a great distance from one their parents, when the altered behavior or financial situation of one of the spouses forces modification of child custody arrangements, or when agreed-to child custody arrangements are dismantled by one of the spouses. This is precisely where having a knowledgeable and competent attorney can make the difference between desperation and resolve.
No matter how simple or complex your custody dispute, my firm is here to face your legal battles with you. As a hands-on family lawyer, I am ready to guide you through the intricacies of the court system and safeguard your interests every step of the way.
Types of Child Custody in Massachusetts
There are two types of custody in Massachusetts: physical custody and legal custody. They differ as follows:
- Physical custody refers to which parent the child will reside with or whether there will be joint custody where the child’s time is split between the two parents.
- Legal custody refers to which parent will have the responsibility and rights to make decisions regarding the child’s upbringing, education, health, religion, etc. It may be determined that these decisions will be split, that they will be made jointly, or that it is in the child’s best interests that the more reliable parent make these choices on his or her own.
A Trusted Advocate for Your Family
As an experienced family law attorney, I can assist clients with all custody and visitation matters, including removal and relocation cases. Having handled numerous cases for a diverse range of clients, I am well-equipped to provide clients with efficient and effective solutions to what may seem insurmountable problems.