Worcester Contempt Attorney
Massachusetts Family Law Firm
When parties receive a divorce judgment, they are both required to abide by the terms. Any party who willfully violates the terms of a court order can be held in contempt of court and face serious punishments and consequences. Whether you are being accused of violating a court order, or need an aggressive advocate to help you enforce an order before a judge, Hebert Law Offices can help you.
I am an experienced contempt lawyer in Worcester who has handled numerous cases for men and women all across Massachusetts. My family law firm is well-versed in the law and equipped to effectively resolve all types of contempt matters.
- We can represent clients in a wide range of contempt cases, including those involving:
- Child Custody – Interfering with custody and visitation by refusing access, parental alienation, relocating without notifying other parent, or ignoring visitation schedules
- Child Support – Refusing to pay support, constantly being late on payment, or underpaying the required amount
- Alimony/Spousal Support – Refusing to pay the required alimony, being late on payments, or underpaying
- Property Division – Failing to comply with property division obligations, such as through transfer of property or sale of certain assets
Avoiding Contempt – Need to Modify an Order?
In some cases, contempt may not be intentional. You may have lost a job and are unable to pay child support, or you need to relocate quickly but do not know how to modify a custody agreement.
My firm can help clients avoid contempt issues by proactively seeking family court order modifications. I can assist with all the paperwork and find solutions to disputes involving parties who wish to challenge your request to modify an order.
Explore Your Options Today
To learn more about defending contempt or initiating a contempt action against another party, contact my Worcester family law firm and let’s explore your options together.
For an initial consultation, contact my office at (508) 205-0084.